The Red Rattler Theatre Inc is a licenced venue with the community at heart, we ask that all our guests abide by basic rules to ensure everyone has a good time, and no one gets hurt, including the rattler and its facilities. Thank you
* NO RACIST, SEXIST, HOMOPHOBIC or TRANSPHOBIC BEHAVIOUR
* NO VIOLENCE
* No BYO (alcohol sold on site)
* No smoking permitted on site
* No drinks are permitted outside the venue
* No illegal drugs or paraphernalia
* No unauthorised photography
* No unauthorised video recording
* No unauthorised audio recording
* No grafitti
* No judgement
* No fighting
* No weapons
* No standing on the furniture
* Please place your empty bottles in recycling bins provided, and return glasses to the bar
* Please place all waste in bins provided (don't stuff rubbish in the holes of the water tanks or under cushions in the lounges)
* If you break something, please inform the bar volunteers immediately
* Lost property is kept for a week or two then donated to charity, if you lose something contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* Children are permitted in the venue but must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times
** PERFORMER POLICY **
The Red Rattler was set up as a space where racism, homophobia, transphobia and sexism are not welcome on stage, in the audience, at the door, and at the bar.
We ask you to join us in efforts to make this space welcoming, stimulating, and happiness producing to people regardless of their ethnicity, sexuality or gender.
Sadly, it has become apparent that we need to be more explicit about what it means not to be racist.
Racism includes things such as blackface performance or being derogatory towards people on the basis of their race. Blackface performance is not permitted at The Red Rattler.
Taking a self reflexive approach to our own practices is part of anti-racist strategy. One way of testing our performances can be to ask ourselves - if the room is all persons of that ethnicity, am I confident that my show is not racist?
If you would like discuss this please feel free to do so (before the event) with The Red Rattler crew.
The Red Rattler